former Melford Motors, cnr Elizabeth & Queensberry Sts, Melbourne (Summer 2012)

ADMS has engaged Simon Reeve, of Built Heritage Pty Ltd, to prepare a submission to the Victorian Heritage Register for the former Melford Motors building on the corner of Elizabeth and Queensberry Streets, Melbourne. Designed for the Ford Company in 1936 by Harry Norris, the showroom is located on a prominent corner site, and features large curved glass windows wrapping around the corners of the three-storey building. The buildings associated with the rise of the motor car are incredibly important to cities with interwar heritage.

MelbCityToyota