Another Harry Norris building has been demolished, this one on the corner of City Road and Clarendon Street, Southbank. Designed by Norris in 1936 as the headquarters for James Hardie and Co, it was named Asbestos House, as many of the major building products manufactured and sold by the firm contained asbestos. Of course, this was in the days when there were few concerns about the effects on health of asbestos. The building featured rounded lines and small glazed bricks on the walls. It was occupied by a furniture retailer for the past decade. But its prominent corner site made it extremely attractive to developers and another high-rise apartment block will soon be constructed.